Colorado Debt Collection Laws and Statutes
AccountsReceivable.com handles debt collections throughout the entire state of Colorado.
Below you will find important information on Colorado state debt recovery laws including:
Colorado Statutes, Judgments, Garnishments, Interest Rates, and Bad Check Laws.
- Legal: 8%
- Judgment: 8% (or higher if specified in contract or note)
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS (IN YEARS)
- Open Account: 3
- Written Contract: 6 (signed promissory note)
- Written Contract Goods Service: 3
- Domestic Judgment:
– District Court-20 (renewable every 20)
– County Court-6 (renewable every 6)
- Foreign Judgment: 6 in CO.
BAD CHECK LAWS (CIVIL PENALTY)
Treble damages & Reasonable Fees
GENERAL GARNISHMENT EXEMPTIONS
See federal law.